Bicycle is the wonderful way to get to know Thailand
It has been a long time that I have noticed the difference in the perception of the new places according to the transport that you use. In a car you travel very fast and you don't always have time to observe the beauty of places, to photograph, to run down where you really want. For this purpose, the bike is much better, and, of course, the bicycle and walking routes.
Today about the bicycle as a transport and a sport in Pattaya, and its surrounding areas. Over the last years the bicycling grows in popularity at full speed to the citizens of the Kingdom of Thailand, and also to the guests of Thailand. The mass bike rides are being made (however, I am not an amateur of such events). On the streets and on the roads the bicycler dressed in the rich, beautiful uniform is not more a rarity as 3 years before. And the most important that everybody from baby to adult has got behind the wheel of the bicycle.
Traditionally the roads don't respect the interests of the pedestrians and the biker in Thailand, and the behaviour of the automobilists leaves something to be desired too. When I lived in Pattaya so during the cyclo-cross I was attentive to the maximum, I quitted a house at 5:30 AM when there were not a lot of cars and I studied all quiet corners of the town where the vehicle traffic was not so high-density.
The best route that I have discovered it is the exit from the end of Jomtien Beach, then five kilometres to the Dong Tan Beach, after that, we climb Pratumnak Hill and we go down asea. But it makes no difference and we should be very attentive. As a means of transport, the bicycle in Pattaya can't be marketed because it is rather early.
One of the most important causes of my personal migration on the outskirts of Pattaya, Baan Dusit is the well-developed cycling infrastructure in this place has appeared. I suppose that the region where I live now is the real dream of Thai biker :-)
There now primary benefits:
- There is no here such high-density and busy traffic as on the high roads.
- There are here the loveliest places in the world and the fresh air. The morning walk or exercise give the powerful and positive energy boost for all day.
- Here - Good heavens!! - there are even the special bicycle lanes and pedestrian ways! Nowhere in Thailand I didn't meet such lanes and ways.
- Every morning it is possible to meet a lot of colleagues who ride a bike too, like us, some people arrive from Pattaya. We have plenty to talk about, we give the benefit of experience, we know a lot of things.
- The multiple Bicycle Shops sprout like mushrooms after the summer rains. The Bicycle Shop - the shop where you can rent a bicycle, repair your own bike or buy a new one.
The most known Bicycle Shops are situated on the street Thepprasit in Pattaya. More recently, a lot of new shops have been opened on the Sukhumvit Road and on the outskirts of Wat Yan where we live and where there are cycling routes.
I never get tired to enjoy every day the beautiful views and the remarkable atmosphere during the cyclo-cross around my home - Deemak Homestay. Come on a visit. We have enough bicycles for the guests and we will show you the best places around our home. The bicycle routes are created for you of diverse complexity and extension which are optimized for any level of training.